Best boys fashion trends for winter

FUHS students fashion their favorite winter trends. Photo courtest of Bianey Hernandez.

Students wear trendy outfits to express their unique fashion aesthetics by taking runway-level fashion trends and embedding them into their own everyday styles. Below are some trendy tips for boys to incorporate into their style this winter.

Color Blocking and Patterns

Fashion model styles stripes and bold colors. Photo courtesy of Golfwang.

While coordinating colors is a timeless trend, color-blocking and dramatic patterns have made a huge appearance in fashion to create statement pieces and are used by well known brands such as GOLF Wang and Supreme.

Senior Jacob Romo makes a similar statement in a striped t-shirt, peach-hued pants, two belts with silver rings and chains, classic white Vans, and a Tommy Hilfiger crossbody bag.

Most people idolize style celebrities and look to them for inspiration, but Romo is his own fashion icon.

“Anyone can inspire me,” Romo said. “If I see it and I like it, I might give it a try in my own way. No one specific makes me want to change myself.”

Fashion model styles a statement hoodie around his neck. Photo courtesy of Google Images.

Statement Hoodie

Many runway models are styled with statement jackets and hoodies tied across their back or to the front.

Usually, these outfits are avant garde and not worn in daily lives, but junior Edward DeAvila styles a neutral toned outfit with a heather grey Champion hoodie tied around his chest to the front.

“I don’t do any of this to show off or try to get attention but I feel flattered considering people thought of me for this,” DeAvila said. “I just like to wear what I think looks good and that no one else will try to wear because they think it’s lame. I do it because I want to.”

Although it is difficult to dress for winter in this SoCal hot weather, DeAvila aces his look. With an Obey shirt, Vince Chinos, Comme de Garcon Converse and a gold chain, he expresses his streetwear style.

Faux Wool

Fashion model styles a faux wool coat. Photo courtesy of Google Images.

Faux fur has been in style since 2015 and is still a popular piece that people wear today. You can see it styled in many different ways from the mannequins in Forever 21 to Alexander Wang models in fashion shows.

Sophomore Jonathan Diaz utilizes styling tips from his sister as he makes a fun statement with his black wool corduroy jacket.

“We go shopping and she says ‘Oh, I like this. I think it will look good on you’ and so she tells me what to wear,” Diaz said.

Diaz pairs his faux fur jacket with a burgundy button-up top (which is the color of the season), and keeps the rest neutral; he conveys his style as overdressed.

Fashion model styles an all red outfit. Photo courtesy of Google Images.

Color of the Season

Red has always been a bold color and can be worn in different ways through hoodies, shirts, pants, shoes, and hats.

Sophomore Dylan Stevens combines a red Spitfire hoodie, a red beanie from Zumiez, grey Dickies pants, and checkered Vans.

Stevens is inspired by skaters and rappers like MadeinTYO and Ugly God. He expresses his style as streetwear and looks to Round Two and Supreme to find his pieces.

“Doubling up bold colors like red in an outfit makes a statement because more people notice your appearance,” Stevens said. “I do it for the fun of piecing it together because it looks good in the end.”

Although each student embodies a similar trend into each of their outfits, they all have a different sense that makes them unique. Incorporating avant garde looks into daily life isn’t as difficult as it seems!