Choir performs in their annual fall concert

Francesca Ortega

FUHS Choral students rehearse for their Fall Concert

The Choral Music Program at FUHS had their first school concert on Oct. 4 in the Plummer Auditorium. All levels of choir performed at the annual fall concert.

Scott Hedgecock, director of the Choral Music Program, honored his last year teaching at FUHS by having the audience sing with the choir at the end of the concert.

Seniors Tate Heinle and Natalie Carter performed for the last time with Hedgecock after being in choir for four years.

”This was my last year and Mr. Hedgecock’s last year. Now having to say goodbye to him feels like we are all graduating together,” Carter said. “It still makes me emotional that I️ have to say goodbye and leave him because it was our last first concert as seniors and our last first concert with him.”

Heinle performed in several pieces of the concert including a German piece, a French piece, and a solo.

“It was all really bittersweet. It was really nice putting on a different type of concert this year, but it’s also sad because I know that I’m leaving, and the director is leaving,” Heinle said.

Sophomore Isabel Van Wye is part of Treble Choir, a choir of soprano and alto singers. Van Wye performed a solo.

“There is a lot of effort and passion that is put into the concert, and in the end it is all worth it,” Van Wye said. “Being able to watch and see how they all improved over time is so amazing to see.”

Sophomore Vincent Alarrore is in Vocal Ensemble, performing his third solo since entering FUHS.

“Honestly, I think as a team we all put on a show that we all could be proud of,” Alarrore said.

At the end of the concert, the audience got the opportunity to sing along with choir,

which was a new concept that everyone enjoyed.

“I️ personally feel like this was one of the best fall concerts we have ever had! Especially getting to sing songs with the audience and being able to connect with them,” Carter said.

The Choral Music Program will hold their next concert in December for their annual Winter Concert, so make sure to support them and Mr. Hedegcock in his last year ar FUHS.