The Tribe Tribune

Basketball approaches league

Back to Article
Back to Article

Basketball approaches league

Coach Scott Sinek coaches his team during a timeout. Photo creds: Kylen Campbell

Drew Soderquist, Editor-in-Chief

The FUHS boys basketball team ended their 7-6-0 run in preseason on a high note, beating La Quinta (4-7-0) 79-50.

Senior Stone Sinek feels the team is ready for their first league game against their biggest competition, La Habra High School.

“We’ve practiced a lot beforehand, but It’s going to be a tough competition because La Habra’s pretty good,” Sinek said. “I think we’re ready it just depends how we come out and play tonight.”

Senior Sage Guillen is excited for the game and this season.

“My main reason is because this year our team is a shooting heavy team and that’s what gets the crowd hyped and into the game,” Guillen said.

For senior Will Hollon, the goal and expectation for season is making CIF playoffs.

“I expect to make playoffs, that’s something we haven’t done in a couple seasons,” Hollon said. “I expect to win a playoff game too, and that’s something we haven’t done in a long time. As a team I’d say that’s our goal.”

Sinek encourages students to come out and support the team tonight at La Habra at 7:30 p.m.

“It’s a lot more fun to play when there’s a lot of people watching and they get loud and hyped for everything.”

About the Writer
Drew Soderquist, Editor-in-Chief

Fullerton Baseball. Scholar Athlete. Class of 2019. Chickfila and Chipotle. Beach and Gym. “You’re either getting better or worse”. #shakadude