Photo Cred: Victoria Avina

Victoria Avina

During her four years at Fullerton High School, Victoria Avina has kept extremely busy. She is a Yearbook Editor, Captain of the Girls varsity soccer team, NHS/CSF member, Track and Field runner, and a Key Club member. Her continual involvement and hours Victoria has put into these clubs has taught her lessons she will never forget.

“These clubs have impacted my high school experience by letting me know more about the tradition and value around this school. Since our school is so old, it’s pretty sick to know what type of traditions and culture our school holds. It also taught me how to be responsible and know how to manage my time. Especially with these past two years being an editor and captain of the soccer team as well as involvement in NHS/CSF, it was an absolute struggle but it was so worth it.”

Victoria credits choosing Fullerton as the place where she would spend her high school years as one of the best decisions she has made.

“Honestly, my experience in high school was something to remember. I never witnessed a school who just loves their community and the people in it. Like I said earlier, tradition. Coming here at first was difficult because I was indecisive between Troy and Fullerton. The only reason I would have gone to Troy would just be because of their soccer program. But at the time, my uncle worked here as the JV soccer coach, he was the one that really influenced my choice to attend Fullerton as well as my sister. Not only that, but I met my best friends here and I’m just so glad I came to FUHS.”

As Victoria prepares to leave Fullerton and begin a new chapter of her life, the one thing continually pushing her forward towards success are her parents and uncle.

“They were the ones who taught me the most of the things I know today. My uncle was the guy who gave me my first soccer ball, and because of him I’m going to college for that sport. With my parents, they taught me discipline and how to be courageous. Without them, I wouldn’t be here today.”

Freedom to choose and staying strong even in the face of opposition has always been something that Victoria has lived by.

“If I could go back and tell my freshman self on thing, it would probably be to do whatever you want to do. Don’t hold back and don’t let anyone get in your head. Stay confident, it’ll help once you’re older.”

Victoria will continue her education as well as her soccer career at the Dominican University of California where she will be majoring in Business and minoring in Political Science. Victoria will continue to find her way through college with hope and optimism for the future, never forgetting the lessons she has learned here at FUHS.

THE TRIBE TRIBUNE • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in