Local Eateries

Discover local Fullerton eateries, known and unknown, with plenty of different culinary choices to choose from. We’ve tried them all so you don’t have to. All options are walking distance from campus.

Stadtgarten

Address: 500 N Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92835

Hours: Sun-Thurs  11AM-11PM, Fri-Sat 11AM-12PM

Newly opened Stadtgarten is a German style restaurant located about six minutes from campus, right next to Dripp. The menu is quite limited, and they only offer items from their sausage bar(includes two types of Vegan sausage). After selecting from their variety of sausages, topping, sauce, and side selections can be made. A few desserts are available as well, including German chocolate cake and apple puff pastries. Takeout and outdoor seating on the patio is available.

Monkey Business

Address: 301 E Amerige Ave, Fullerton, CA 92382

Hours: Tues-Fri 8AM-9PM, Sunday-Monday 8AM-3PM

Monkey Business is a bright and cozy American cafe serving both breakfast and lunch. Located seven minutes from campus, they serve a variety of food including sandwiches, coffee, and desserts. The restaurant is run by a non-profit and the proceeds go towards at-risk youth, all while maintaining reasonable pricing. The milkshakes and waffle sundaes are delicious and reasonably priced.

Rutabegorz

Address: 211 N Pomona Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832

Hours: Monday-Thursday 10:30AM-9PM, Friday-Saturday 10:30AM-10PM, Sunday Closed

Rutabegorz is a cozy restaurant located about seven minutes from campus. Their extensive menu features many delicious and healthy options including bagels, sandwiches, wraps, salads, burritos, and enchiladas. The vegan and vegetarian options are so popular that CBS Local has declared Rutabegorz to have the best vegetarian food in Orange County.                                                     

Green Bliss

Address: 305 N Harbor Blvd #103, Fullerton, CA 92832

Hours: Monday-Sunday 7AM-7PM, Sunday 8AM-6PM

Green Bliss is a cozy vegetarian cafe serving salads, sandwiches, smoothies, coffees, great desserts and much more. Their ingredients are organic, fresh, and locally grown. Vegan and gluten free options are available. Located eight minutes from campus, their menu consists of a wide variety of healthy food, that even meat eaters can enjoy. New donut flavors are served daily and it’s nearly impossible to tell that they’re vegan.

Joe’s Organic Frozen Yogurt

Address: 444 N Harbor Blvd Ste 116, Fullerton, CA 92832

Hours: Monday-Sunday 11AM-10PM

Joe’s Organic Frozen Yogurt is located only 9 minutes away, next to Wahoos. The frozen yogurt is slightly pricey compared to other frozen yogurts shops; however, they offer a wide variety of frozen yogurts, sorbets, and drinks. The sorbets are delicious but, the plain tart frozen yogurt tends to taste like cottage cheese.

Rialto Cafe

Address: 108 W Wilshire Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832

Hours: Monday-Sunday 8AM-3:30PM

Only 9 minutes away from campus, Rialto Cafe is fairly casual yet trendy and the perfect place to eat. The cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals to choose from. We recommend ordering their to-die-for french toast. The cafe is fairly popular, so be prepared to wait for a table unless you go within an hour of opening in the morning or after the lunch crowd (after 2p.m.).

Black Bear Diner

Address: 1011 N Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92832

Hours: Monday-Sunday 6AM-10PM

One of downtown Fullerton’s newest additions is Black Bear Diner, just a 12 minute walk from campus. In case you haven’t heard about their amazing food from friends and family, they offer all kinds of comfort food for breakfast(served all-day), lunch, and dinner. The chicken strips and french fries are a must have as they are perfectly seasoned and made fresh to order. During the weekend, expect to wait for a table.