Mike+Muhovich

Mike Muhovich

“I think as you grow older, you become comfortable with who you are; I’m comfortable with who I am now.

You just kind of keep going down that path and it works out.

Your favorite teachers are the teachers that for some reason, they looked at you differently; they’re more supportive or more encouraging. I think all teachers look at certain students and you kind of see yourself. You always pick a student that was way brighter than you than in high school and say, ‘That’s who I was like!’

My first interest in history was Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War. Lincoln still to me is one of the best human beings ever. Even at a young age, Lincoln was this amazing person, and as I got through life more, I learned he was even greater than I thought even for his time period.

I didn’t see myself as a teacher. I never knew if I would be comfortable enough being a teacher. As I went through college, it sounded like what I was supposed to do. I’m not a big believer in destiny but I like teaching and I hope students like being in my class. Days seem long but years kind of go by fast. You have to find out ways to enjoy the journey; it’s kind of lame but it’s true. For high school I went to Sunny Hills, but back then, school was completely different from now.

I’ve been an Indian now for 16 years. Every year I enjoy Fullerton more. I’m more of an Indian than I’ll ever be a Lancer.”

—History teacher Mike Muhovich

THE TRIBE TRIBUNE • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in