201 E Chapman Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832

THE TRIBE TRIBUNE

201 E Chapman Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832

THE TRIBE TRIBUNE

201 E Chapman Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832

THE TRIBE TRIBUNE

Winter Sports Preview

Wrestling

Senior Adam Smith goes for a breakdown move in his match against Sunny Hills on Dec. 6. The Tribe swept the match at all levels, with—varsity, junior varsity, and girls—recording victories. The girls will travel to Laguna Hills on Saturday, Dec. 16 for their next invitational. The boys will head to Capo Valley High School on Dec. 16 for a 6:30 a.m. start in the Calvary Chapel Tournament. (Conrad Jorgenson)

Boys Soccer

The boys’ soccer team had a 3-1 win against Troy on Dec. 12 in its first league game. In the game against Valencia on Dec. 6, senior Aidan Bengard (above) helped aid the team as much as he could in the 4-2 loss. Fullerton will host Foothill in a home game on Friday, Dec. 22 at 5 p.m. (Photo by Josie Lee)

Boys Basketball

(Left) Sophomore Baylor Wilks (#11) scored 39 points in the 64-56 win against Santa Ana on Dec. 13. (Right) Junior Jeremy Guillen scored 17 points. The boys basketball team had a 64-32 win against Katella High School on Dec. 15. The Tribe will travel to Troy for their first league game on Dec. 22. (Josie Lee)

Girls Basketball

(Above) Freshman Emily Kim goes in for a layup during the 35-4 win against La Puente on Dec. 11. The Indians are 8-1 in non-league games and will host Mission Viejo (5-6) on Dec. 19. (Photo by Kate Luengo)

Girls Soccer

Senior Ava Vazquez (above) and the girls soccer team suffered a 5-0 loss in their first league game against Troy on Dec. 12. They lost to Sunny Hills 3-1 on Dec. 15. The team is scheduled to play its next league game against Sonora on Jan. 9. (Photo by Josie Lee)

Girls Water Polo

The girls water polo team will travel to Canyon for a game on Dec. 21. The girls water polo team lost its first league game against Troy on Dec. 13 with a final score of 7-4. The Indians started their season at the Troy high school tournament. They lost against California, Roosevelt, and San Juan Hills, but secured a 8-3 win against Norco. The Tribe had a 12-4 win against El Dorado on Dec 4. Senior Morgan McAndrew (pictured) said the girls team has seen improvements with each game. “The season didn’t start off the way we planned, but our communication has increased rapidly through each game,” said McAndrew, three-year varsity player. “We feel way more comfortable running plays within games rather than just passing whenever we feel like it.”