201 E Chapman Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832

THE TRIBE TRIBUNE

201 E Chapman Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832

THE TRIBE TRIBUNE

201 E Chapman Ave, Fullerton, CA 92832

THE TRIBE TRIBUNE

Winter Sports Wrap-Up

Girls wrestling team captures first place

Sophomore Izabella Luna (above) and the girls wrestling team pulled off a first place finish in the Freeway League Championship. Despite going 5-0 in League, the girls did not make CIF because it only has two divisions in the playoffs. The Indians will travel to Sonora for the League Finals match on Feb. 2.
(Photo courtesy of Carlos Rivera)

Boys wrestling

Freshman Jonah Moreno (above) and the boys wrestling team got second in the Freeway League Championship. The Indians will travel to Sonora for the League Finals match on Feb. 2. (Photo courtesy of Carlos Rivera)

Boys soccer

Senior Aiden Bengard (pictured) scored a half field goal in a 2-4 loss against Valencia on Dec. 6. He will attend Cal State Fullerton as a D1 commit next fall. The Indians will travel to Buena Park for their senior night game against the Coyotes in hopes of securing their spot in CIF tonight. Their league record is 4-5 and are currently third in the Freeway League.
(Photo by Josie Lee)

Girls soccer

Junior Amy Ramos (left) and freshman Kamryn Myers (right) in a 0-1 loss to powerhouse Troy on Jan. 19. The Indians will play host to Buena Park for its last league game today. They currently sit in fourth with a league record of 3-6. Despite a coaching change, senior captain Janelle Flores says the team has developed a good mentality they have carried throughout the season and has helped them improve. “I feel like the team [dynamic] is different from last year. The team really wants it and our work ethic has changed,” Flores said.
(Photo by Josie Lee)

Girls water polo

Junior Olivia Brazo (pictured) in a 1-5 loss on Dec. 12 against Rancho Cucamonga who are undefeated in their Baseline League. The Indians came into the season with a new team and new attitude. With seniors leaving and junior varsity players moving up, learning to work as a team was another aspect that had to be practiced. Brazo said the switch from playing junior varsity to varsity was a learning curve. “There’s only three varsity returners this year. It’s basically a completely new team, so it’s almost a completely new game,” Brazo said. “There are stronger players and just learning how to play in a varsity game is very different.” The girls water polo team will travel to La Habra in their League Carousel on Feb. 1 with a 0-4 record in league and sitting in fifth overall.
(Photo courtesy of Heidi Timmerman)

Boys basketball

Senior Isaiah Edwards (above) with 16 points and sophomore Baylor Wilks with 23 points lead off the Tribe’s 13-point win (61-48) against Buena Park on Jan. 19. The Indians will travel to Buena Park for their final League game against the Coyotes on Feb. 1 and are currently in fifth with a 2-7 record in league.
(Photo by Reagan Glidewell)

Girls basketball

Freshman Addison Seo (above) is one of the three freshmen on the girls basketball team that played in the 13-91 loss against Buena Park on Jan. 19. The Indians are currently sixth with a 0-9 record in the Freeway league and will play Buena Park on Feb. 1. (Photo by Reagan Glidewell)

Cheer and STUNT

The STUNT team (above) will travel to Marina High School on Feb. 5 for their first showcase. The Tribe will host a STUNT clinic on Feb. 17 for children 10-14 to educate them on the sport of STUNT.
(Photo by Reagan Glidewell)

Sports Editors Sofia Tabbal, Maggie Schulze, and Photo Editor Josie Lee contributed to these stories.