Hits and Misses of October 2019

The school repainted the mural on the side of the Culinary Arts building. Photo by Jose Perez.

The repainting of the mural brightens up the campus. Photo by Jose Perez.

😍HIT

Mural restoration: Last week, the mural on the side of the Culinary Arts building got repainted. The new look adds a bold and vibrant touch to our historic campus. 

😍HIT

National Honor Society food drive: NHS participated in the Heart of Downtown Food service project. Members donated nonperishable food items for individuals and families in need. 

ASB hung jack-o-lanterns in the breezeway to promote Halloween spirit. Photo by Jose Perez.

😍HIT

Halloween decorations: ASB began the Halloween festivities by decorating the school with giant pumpkins, cute ghosts and shiny streamers.

😔MISS

College Success Day for seniors: Administration should consider eliminating the senior meeting entirely, as many seniors felt the split day devoted too much time to information which could be found on the school website. Next year, the sole focus of the day should be on application/financial aid completion and career planning.

😍HIT

Speech becomes performing art credit: The speech and debate class, formerly considered a college prep elective, now fulfills the one year arts elective requirement effective immediately. 

Mr. Shanebeck takes students on a virtual tour of the haunted Plummer Auditorium. Photo courtesy of FUHS ASB.

😍HIT

Mr. Shanebeck’s History Fact of the Week: Mr. Shanebeck’s history segment on ghosts in Plummer Auditorium during last Friday’s video announcements taught students in a fun and creative way. Shoutout to Plummer’s resident creeping ghosts!

😔MISS

History Facts of the Week: In theory, the history segments during Friday video announcements are a cute and interesting way to celebrate our school’s history. Unfortunately, the poor sound quality prohibits viewers from enjoying them. ASB should invest in a microphone or external sound system so everyone can hear the awesome stories our history teachers share.