Annual College and Career Fair highlights future opportunities for students

ASB students Katelyn Gomez, Kaylee Nelson, and Angela Lankenau, pose while helping students at the College and Career fair

The College and Career Fair, hosted by ASB last Thursday, showcased over 50 colleges and universities. “[ASB was] really excited for the event because we’re excited to give everyone such amazing opportunities for their future,¨ said ASB student Gracelynn Basas.

The event kicked off with an energetic assembly that featured the dance group “Happiness is Now”, an Orange County based group that focuses on mainly hip-hop but also contemporary dance styles.

College representatives from all across the United States, including Hawaii Pacific University, came to FUHS’s south gym to greet and talk with Fullerton students. “My favorite part of the college fair was finding out how many colleges we have nearby that still give a great education,” said sophomore Madeline Torresluna. “We have so many great community colleges nearby which is great for someone who has a lower GPA or has a low income family.”

Junior Emily Caluya’s favorite part was seeing all the opportunities she has for college. School work and college applications flood junior year, so having an opportunity to compare choices can often be stress relieving.

Overall, students found the college fair extremely successful and helpful. “There’s a lot of variety in colleges from all across the country and [the college fair]  made you think about what other possibilities you have outside of your state,” said sophomore Will Hollon. The fair gave students opportunities they didn’t even know were possible.

In the future, the student body hopes to visit the college fair and unlock even more opportunities.