“Where is the Love” Spirit Week

Where is the Love spirit week promoted kindess and love. Photo courtesy of Jacquelin Arreola and Maya Chavez.

“Where is the Love” spirit week promoted kindess and love. Photo courtesy of Jacquelin Arreola and Maya Chavez.

Last week’s spirit week “Where is the Love” promoted ways to spread love on campus.

Senior Spirit Commissioner Logan Manjarres, along with freshman Spirit Commissioner Zoey Afram, first introduced the idea.

Students show off their comfiest clothes. Photo courtesy of Jacquelin Arreola and Maya Chavez.

“It’s centered on kindness, Valentine’s Day, and just being kind,” Manjarres said.

The week began with “Dress for Comfort” on Tuesday and encouraged students to dress in their comfiest clothes. The message was, “Love yourself by giving yourself time to relax in comfort.”

Students shouldn’t just love themselves, but spread kindness to other people as well, as shown on Wednesday’s spirit day, “Don’t be a Mean Girl; on Wednesdays We Wear Pink.” The campaign promoted students to give a compliment to someone to brighten their day.

Because Wednesday was also Valentines Day, ASB taped heart-shaped cutouts with everyone’s name on it onto the school’s walls. Here at FUHS, everyone is included in the holiday spirit.

Students show off their favorite workout clothes. Photo courtesy of Jacquelin Arreola and Maya Chavez.

On “Let’s Work It Out” Thursday students wore workout clothes to school. The message promoted “working out problems to promote a healthy you.” Rather than dwelling on the past, look to the future to overcome your problems.

Friday was “Show Your Love for FUHS.” Students wore red and white to encourage school pride, positivity, and love on campus.

Loving yourself shouldn’t be associated with egotism. Remember to take care of yourself and others by motivating others through compliments. The spirit week allows students to express love in a fun way.

Junior Bella Muñoz likes the idea of expressing love in different ways.

I liked ‘Where is the Love’ because love has so many aspects and the week captured the most,” Muñoz said. “Love is supposed to be comfortable. People have to work for love.”

ASB worked to promote this aura of kindness.

I think it’s so awesome to be able to be proud of the school we go to and what we’re all about,” Senior ASB member Carolina Casillas said. “It was a week about positivity and kindness and making sure to tie it into Valentines Day.”

Through the “Where is the Love” spirit week, ASB helped unite the student body and spread an important message on campus: be kind to one another, not only for ‘Valentine’s Day spirit,’ but every day of the year.