Girl’s golf swings into season

Photo Cred: Megan Kim

The FUHS girls golf team started their pre-season on Aug. 21 where they fell to California High School 260-289.

Although they had a rough start to their season, the girl’s golf team has kept their heads up–and has won since their first match when they played against Western High school–and hopes to keep their momentum going, and have a season full of positivity and achievements.

Freshman Taylor Frank, is playing her first year on the golf team, and although she played golf before high school, she’s always working to improve.

“[My goal for this season] is that I’ll be able to improve my score each time [we play], and that I’ll get down to a good enough score to reach the top,” Frank said. “I [also] hope we can improve as a team, and that we’ll still have fun at the same time.”

Senior co-captain, Kara Taylor, hopes to lead by example, and be a good captain that her team can rely on.

“I really want to be a leader, and do well, I want to set a good example for the younger golfers,” Taylor said.

Taylor also hopes to create an unbreakable bond within her team, and create a family atmosphere with her teammates.

“I hope that my team learns the importance of bonding and spending time together,” Taylor said. “I want my team to be closer, and [really] rely on each other to help with certain things.”