The Tribe Tribune

Boys soccer kicks off their season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boys soccer kicks off their season

Frankie Ortega and Madison Velez

The FUHS boys soccer won a game 8-0 against Rowland Heights last week, after working hard all off-season in order to have a successful season.

Junior Yahir Garcia feels the team is going to be stronger this year than they have been in the past.

“ I feel our season is going to go very well this year, everyone gets along really well, everyone’s really focused and has the same goal.” says Garcia

Coming off of last week’s game the team has been working on things they need to fix in order to play better and come out on top.

Junior Josh Espinoza touches on some things that they need to work on for more success.

“ We need to work on finishing and have better passing together, I feel that having better chemistry on the field has really benefit us and will help us be more successful as well,” Espinoza said.

Fullerton’s toughest opponent is Sunny Hills and the boys hope to not only have a victory over them but to qualify for CIF this year.

“They always win league and this year I am hoping that we can work together to beat them and come out on top this season,” Garcia said.

They have been taking it game by game and are going into each game with positivity and coming out of it with confidence no matter what the outcome of the game.

“This season is about being a team and working together in order to reach our goals,” Espinoza said.

Come out tonight @ 5 and support the boys @ home against  Los Amigos High School.

About the Writers
Frankie Ortega, Staff Writer

class of 2022. fullerton water polo and softball. sushi lover. i like traveling, but not camping.

Madison Velez, Sports/Photo Editor

Class of 2019. Photo/Sports Editor. Romans 12:20-21.“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”― Oscar Wilde